- A guided visit to an unusual eclectic House-Museum
- A walk in a medieval village
- Wonderful panoramas in the Taro and the Ceno valleys
- All the secrets of Dallara racing cars
- An amusing driving simulator
A complete tour in order to discover two highlights nestled into the Parma Apennines. The former is the cute village of Compiano, in the Taro Valley, where you will discover the Landi Princes’ ancient residence, later transformed into the residence of a bizarre Marquise, who devoted herself to the collection of furnishings and works of art, the latter is Dallara Automobili, a leading company in the construction of racing cars, in the Ceno Valley.
You will meet your guide right at the Compiano Castle for a visit to the museum collections kept inside the ancient stronghold, built to defend the Taro Valley, where you will enjoy the rich eclectic collection exhibited in those sumptuous rooms, tastefully furnished by their last owner, the Marquise Lina Raimondi Gambarotta. Finally you might also visit, on your own, the International Masonry Museum, the only one in Italy, which is connected to the historical period when in 1823 and 1831 Compiano Castle was used as a prison and some political dissidents, exponents of the Carbonarist Movement and Freemasonry, were imprisoned there.
Compiano is counted among the most beautiful villages in Italy. That ancient urban conglomeration, mentioned since 1021, arose on the historical route that connected Emilia, Tuscany and Liguria and still today it dominates the Taro High Valley.
Then you will drive your own car in 45 minutes to the opposite Ceno Valley and to Varano de’ Melegari, famous throughout the world as it houses the offices, part of the production and the Dallara Academy, a leading company in the construction of racing cars. During a private guided visit, you will discover the secrets of their design and production, thanks to carbon fiber composite materials and the exploitation of aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics, by trying some educational workshops by yourselves. You will have the opportunity to visit the famous ramp where the racing cars that have made the history of all championships are exhibited.
At the end you can slip into the role of pilots, thanks to the Sim racing driving simulators and challenge yourselves in a virtual competition aboard the Dallara Stradale.
The Compiano Castle, Via Marco Rossi Sidoli 15, Compiano
A semi-private tour.
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions