- A private original walking tour in Venice
- Discover some local traditions
- The art of making Venetian masks
- The history and tecnique to make a Venatian gondola
Venice and its traditions: come to discover them, thanks to an original private and exclusive tour, during which your local licensed tour guide will allow you to enter some particular workshops. Here you will discover the history and the skill of Venetian artisans, making the famous Venetian masks and the romantic gondolas, two highlights you cannot miss during your stay in Venice!
You will meet your private licensed tourist guide near St. Mark’s Square, in Venice who will allow you to visit the historic centre, to admire the main places of artistic and cultural interest and the city’s most iconic corners. Then, you will plunge into one of the most ancient local tradition: you will discover some workshops that every day revive the refinement and skill of local craftsmanship.
You will visit a “mascareri” atelier: made of papier-mâché, leather, hand-painted or decorated with precious fabrics, the masks are part of a Venetian tradition, and its worldwide known Carnival that
continues to carry on, even today, a very ancient art. The tour will continue to time to a “squero”, a shipyard where you will admire a real gondola being workmanship: the construction process involves several craftsmen, who together make the precious rowing boats that sail elegantly in the Ventian lagoon.
At the end of the experience, you will enjoy as “happy ending” a cool aperitif in a historic “bacaro”, in the core of Venice.
Meeting point: the meeting point with the private tour guide in Saint Mark’s square.
In case the Client’s accommodation is distant from the historical centers or if you come from other departure places, different meeting points will be communicated after the confirmation of the tour.
On demand: transfer to-from other cities by car/minivan; different number of participants (from 1 to 10 or more).
Pay attention: allergies / intolerances must be communicated on your reservation.
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions