- The story of two millenary castles, remained unconquered
- A guided visit to an unusual eclectic House-Museum
- A walk in a medieval village
- Wonderful panoramas and fairytale landscapes
A complete tour in order to discover two impressive strongholds nestled into the Apennines: in Compiano you will discover the Landi Princes’ ancient residence, later transformed in the mansion of a bizarre Marquise who devoted herself to the collection of furnishings and works of art, while in Bardi you will be struck by its fortress enriched by boundarie walls and dark prisons.
An unmissable tour just one hour far from Parma city centre!
You will meet your guide right at Compiano Castle for a guided visit of the museum collections kept inside the ancient stronghold, built to defend the Taro Valley, where you will enjoy the rich eclectic collection exhibited in those sumptuous rooms, tastefully furnished by their last owner, the Marquise Lina Raimondi Gambarotta. The guided visit will include the International Masonry Museum too, the only one in Italy, is connected to the historical period when in 1823 and 1831 Compiano Castle was used as a prison and some political dissidents, exponents of the Carbonari and Freemasonry, were imprisoned there.
Compiano is counted among the most beautiful villages in Italy. That ancient agglomeration, mentioned since 1021, arose on the historical route that connected Emilia, Tuscany and Liguria and still today it dominates the high Taro Valley.
Then you will reach by you own car (35 minutes drive) the cute village of Bardi, where a private guide will describe and show you all the secrets of the “twin” castle.
You will visit the stronghold, dating back to X century but which was then rebuilt between the Middle Ages and the Renaissance thanks to the Landi Dynasty from Piacenza that transformed it into a refined residence. The castle is famous for the legendary ghost of the knight Moroello, for its long rounds bays as well as its striking rooms, such as its kitchens and torture rooms.
An unforgettable day, in a little-known corner of the Apennines, only 60 minutes far from Parma city-centre.
Compiano Castle, Via Marco Rossi Sidoli 15, Compiano
A semi-private tour. Transfer to Bardi Fortress by your own.
Comfortable shoes are recommended
In case of cancellation of the reservation made by the buyer on the site, Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will apply the following terms:
• Up to 21 working days prior to the start of the activity: full refund of the service paid by the buyer;
• From 20 to 10 working days prior to the start of the activity: 50% refund of the price paid;
• From 9 to 0 days prior to the beginning of the activity or non-use by the buyer of the service: no refund.
For counting the days the following rules apply:
• The day of the activity is not counted;
• The days begin at 00.00 and end at 24.00 hours in the time zone in force in Italy (GMT +1).
The reimbursement by Travel-Lab/BookYourItaly will be made within 30 working days by crediting the credit card used.
Moreover information about terms and conditions